Donations can be made to either the Newtown-Sandy Hook Community Foundation or to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund.
- Donations made directly to the Foundation are unrestricted and used in part to support the administration of the Sandy Hook School Support Fund (SHSSF) so that as little, if any, administrative costs come from the SHSSF itself. Administrative costs include oversight of the Collaborative Recovery Fund which pays the out of pocket mental health expenses for those eligible who have been most impacted by the tragedy. A reputable local Foundation extended a matching grant challenge to the Foundation and has agreed to match all donations, pledges and grants at 100% . Donations made directly to the Foundation:
- ensure that the Foundation is staffed professionally
- allow the Foundation to continue to channel 100% of the initial funds donated to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund to those most impacted by the tragedy
- allow the Foundation to fulfill our commitment of operating through 2025.
- Donations made to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund must be unrestricted. All future distributions of donations from this fund will be used to support unmet needs in the community and those impacted by the events of 12/14/12. Funding decisions are made through a distribution committee made up entirely of Newtown residents and representatives from the most impacted groups with public input.
Donations to either the Foundation or the Fund can be sent to the NSHCF, P.O. Box 640, Newtown, CT 06470 or electronically through Network for Good at https://www.networkforgood.org/donation/ExpressDonation.aspx?ORGID2=46-2161591
Additional Donation Opportunities
Click the heart to learn more about the victims and the programs and organizations established in their memories. Donations can be made directly through their websites.